View Single Post
Old
01-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Gino 14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are, the ref has absolutely no right to ignore a call because he disagrees with a legal equipment choice. By making this statement he is implying that he wouldn't have called the penalty if my friend was wearing a cage because it would have protected him from injury. That is ridiculous. Just because you choose to play without any face protection doesn't mean you have to be liable for any injuries you sustain from a penalty perspective.

A high stick is a high stick, and they need to be called every time, especially in a men's league where there is nothing at stake and people have literally zero reason to not have their sticks under full control at all times.
So you know for a fact that the ref saw the high stick infraction and didn't call it? And you were able to tell that just because your buddy told you the ref said that? You're amazing. I tip my hat to for your powers of observation and reasoning.

And I was serious, the ref was right, he should have been wearing a cage and then he wouldn't be bleeding.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote