View Single Post
Old
01-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Pog Form

vCash: 500
Forgive me for bumping such an old thread, but I was reading through it and came a cross a lot of great posts. I just wanted to add my own experience:

We had a guy come out to sub on our C-level beer league team last summer, and he was just amazing. I got talking to him after the game and turns out he'd played four years in the OHL, including one year as captain of his team. He ended up getting drafted late (in 1998) and I believe he said he went to one pro training camp. He blew out his knee at some point and that was it, career over. Anyway, this one game he played for us this past summer, we won 7-4 and this guy had 2g 4a, just completely controlled the game. He said he hadn't played in months, and it honestly looked like he wasn't even trying, maybe playing at about 50% speed.

He was a little cocky, but a real nice guy, and he passed the puck around a ton. It was just so humbling to watch him play. I mean the guy was a checker in junior who never played a game of pro hockey and he came out and made us look like little kids out there.

Pog Form is offline   Reply With Quote