View Single Post
Old
01-25-2010, 10:22 PM
trisgale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
If you're a beginner then you're probably spending too much money on shoulder pads. In beginner leagues you'll get hacks who waive their sticks around like it's a lightSabre challenge at comic con so you do need protection but fit should be the main concern. You don't want to feel like a middle linebacker which is the problem I had with Easton's. I'd focus my money on skates, sticks, pickup games and power skating lessons. When it comes to your protective gear I would focus solely on fit and comfort and not price.

That pretty much sums up my experience, the LHS guy asked me what I wanted and I said I wanted to try s17's since they looked pretty cool on the net. I was excited to get some cool gear since it is my first purchase. He kinda gave me a wierd look and showed up with the s17 and the xxxx's. The xxxx's were on clearance and told me to try the xxxx's after I try the s17's. I liked the fit of the xxxx's and the price was right! If the xxxx's are overkill for me it sure doesn't feel like it.

trisgale is offline   Reply With Quote