Thread: My first post.
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2010, 09:52 AM
The Beezer

vCash: 500
First thing, thanks guys for the very warm welcome to the board.

The thing that drive me nuts about this team (and actually past couple of years) is that they have absolutely zero toughness/grit. I'm talking beyond the token fighter that they have on the team (although I liked Colton Orr) What I mean is that anytime their is a whistle and the puck is around the other teams net, it seems like a Ranger always ends up on the ground with about 5 gloves in his face. Meanwhile Henrik gets run over and everyone stands around. How many times has Avery had 4 guys around him all trying to get a piece of him and no one else is to be found. Obviously the Gaborik inncident comes to mind too. They just don't have those character guys that would stick up for teamates and mix it if needed. Guys like Shanny, Mess, Graves, Barnaby, Laperriere, etc...... And right now on defense they have absolutely zero grit. Staal has some potential, but I really think Torts has gotten in his head too. That is a glaring need as far as I'm concerened. They just have no one on that back line that imposes any fear. So opponents crash the net, park themselves in front and take liberties on the other end know our back liners will not come in past the blue line.
They are on such a different level of bad this year. So not only they not score, they get beat up on top of that and to me it's infuriating. Like I said we have all seen bad Rangers teams before, but I can't ever remember being so fustrated about group like I am about this one.
Obviously they have other issues too, like no one being able to light the lamp. But they did try to address it, unfortunately whoever they get (besides Gaborik) has turns into a stone hands. Maybe I am harping on the wrong thing, but I am sick and tired of them playing with no grit, intensity, heart while they are getting mopped all over the ice by the other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Welcome Beezer. Are you from anywhere near Blackwood?
Never heard of it, so I'm guessing no.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote