View Single Post
Old
01-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I'm 90% sure he would continue to be paid by the Habs, but he would cease to count against the cap. He would also stop counting against the 23 man limit... although, there is some debate as to whether guys in Europe who have NHL contracts count against the 50 man limit.

Basically, it's the equivalent to sending him to the AHL.
Yea i think you're right. Since we are assigning him to another team, he would have to go through waivers and then get assigned. I'm 80% sure that's what happens.
His salary will no longer count against our cap. And since he is 1 way, he still gets his millions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
He donated money to charities. He fought for a very noble cause, the PETA. Like it or not, he have been the most feared hockey player in this decade. He spoke his mind about the importance of fight in hockey to Bettman. He was a player representative for the NHLPA. He made his way to the NHL.

I'm glad the dude is gone, because frankly he sucks, but it doesnt give anybody the right to spit on the man. I still very well respect him and I find it disgraceful that some called Habs fan take pleasure bashing a nice man like Big George.
Exactly, his on ice performance does not affect the fact that he is a great person off the ice. You can hate the player, but don't hate the person.

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote