View Single Post
Old
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well we did see some improvements in Spacek in the last 2 games,probably his best 2 as a Hab hope he could keep it up but IMO I think a guy like Hamrlik would be better to help young players like Weber and Subban to develop.

As for Pouliot I hope you are right,but we are seeing some crazy contracts given out by GM's,if the kid keeps the pace this year and next I think we are looking at around 3.5 4,that's what AK. is making
I like Hammer to work with the young guys, as I got to think we will see more youth on D next year.

As for BP he has no leverage (other then an offer sheet) Kostitsyn had close to 30 goals, and 53 pts. He got 3.25 but that was for 3 years, so I wouldn't mind if BP got a big raise if we locked him up for a few years (just not 4M or close to it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
It will be tight...being able to bury Laraque contract in Sweden (save 500k) would be nice. Maybe the NHL cap will go up a bit too?? Might be lowballing Plek a bit at 4.75m, but we dunno what he's looking for, maybe he'd take that at 1-2 years to establish a better stat sheet for a big contract. Price could get more than 3.5m too but it's hard to gauge what he's looking for, 3.5m for 1-2 years sounds ok.

Anyways the point is..summer 2010 is not a HUGE problem unless either Price or Plekanec is looking for BIG MONEY right now. We will have to start with a barebones roster though unless there is a break on a cap rise or somehow moving Laraque off cap (avoiding buyout).

2011 there's a bit more flexibility.. Hamrlik could get a lower contract if they re-sign him, maybe Markov is a candidate for one of those 11 year cap friendly ones, could lower his cap hit.
A buyout of Laraque will save 1M since you can spread it over 2 years, so he would cost us 500K next year and in 2011-2012. But you have to replace him, so that 1M will likely get eaten up mostly by his replacement.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote