View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Garnet

vCash: 500
Hossa

I watched the TO vs Habs game last night and the best line was easily Hossa Ribs, and Zednik. Hossa and Ribs carried Zednik as far as I'm corcerned. Hossa skated hard, was in the corners and was actually carrying the puck. Its the first time Ive seen him do this in the NHL. I think this board is actually to hard on the guy. He's 21. He's learning the game and I don't think Riberio and Zednik are the greatest teachers as they both take nights off.

Riberio was great too. Looks a little bigger and faster but the three things that caught my attention where 1) He won a lot of battles for the puck along the boards. 2)Good defensive positioning. and 3) He was handling the puck very well in traffic. But I wait the see him do it in te regular season.

Dagenais- great heavey shot, good size but doesn't use it enough. The guy is not a good skater. Maybe fourth line with PP time is his calling. Was on Riberio line and the line was less effective.

Perezhogin and Higgins Going to be good players. Have a lot of skill!! Both need seasoning and should start in Hamilton.

Brisebois- WOW!!! I was impressed. He's added some muscle and played a sound D-game. Paired with idiot Traverse didn't help matters tho.