View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 01:54 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Money
Just an aside. You say that's the way the NHL works and its Comrie's right to turn down any offer if he feels he can get more. You are correct only you are ignoring the fact that what Lowe is doing is also the way the NHL works. Lowe owes it to the fans to ice the best team on budget and he's attempting to do that.

I suspect Lowe wants a two or three year deal. There is no way he's going to give a one year closer to two million to allow Comrie arbitration under the old CBA next summer. That would be irresponsible of our GM.
I just happen to believe that Lowe would be much better to bend a bit and have him on the team, than trade him for much less that he's worth, or have him sit. It's all a matter of debate obviously, but I think the case is fairly evident that we'd be better with.

Just an addition, and not directed at you in any way J.Money, for everyone who is just giving up on this season already, seriously, what's up with that? A team will never win if it has that attitude, and we as fans should be supplying much of it.