View Single Post
Old
01-27-2010, 09:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
The Rangers want to make the playoffs and extend the season, so we're going to get reinforcements like last season. Sather hasn't traded top prospects for rental players, so I wouldn't expect that.

I could see Sather breaking with his past if Phaneuf were actually available simply because I think there's still enough voices in the room who loved him in his draft year. The guy has the physicality the Rangers lack on the blueline and would give us another PP point option. If he's available, I think Sather finds cap room and Avery would be a casualty if need be.
Well thought out post. To his credit, Sather hasn't stripped the team of draft choices in bring in help for the playoffs. I'm sure he is taking stock of organization assets right now to see who might be a moveable asset at the trade deadline. Unless a premium player becomes available, I doubt if we'll see a top prospect moved.

But let's also remember that part of the reason the team is struggling is that young players haven't developed as quickly or reached as high a ceiling as we all hoped. We have a good young core but unfortunately it's not a great young core. A lot of guys we hoped would be in the NHL or having breakout years are OK, not great. Getting young and giving players on the job training isn't guaranteed to work.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote