View Single Post
Old
01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I cannot believe that the pro-owner side still wants to share the expansion blame with the NHLPA. How the heck is it the fault of the NHLPA that Hartford was moved to Carolina? How is it the fault of the NHLPA that California has 3 hockey teams? How is it the fault of the NHLPA that Nasville is now a hockey market? How is it the fault of the NHLPA that Florida has 2 teams? Ludicrous.
Don't tell me that the NHLPA saw $$$. Who decides to expand? The owners. Who takes in every last penny of expansion money? The owners. Yes, the NHLPA expanded once the league expanded, but it is not like they had a choice in the matter. First the owners vote to expand. Once they do, off course the new players become members of the NHLPA. What other choice is there? It's not like the NHLPA would have recieved new members if the owners have not expanded.
NO ONE shares the expansion blame with the owners and Bettman.
I'm not defending any side here, but i think the point is pretty clear as to why the players would not atleast be against expansion. Expansion means more jobs for players. Players who before the expansion, would not have been good enough to play in the NHL.