View Single Post
Old
01-28-2010, 12:04 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
In year's past, Renney had an outing where he invited the team's fathers on a road trip. Tonight, Tortorella benched Redden with his father in the building (in fact, Im almost certain Torts has no idea Redden's dad was there...kind of hilights my point even more)

I think that shows the differences in personalities between Tortorella and his predecessor.

Its just so damn easy to lose a team completely when you're such a brash, polarizing figure. Thats what we're seeing now in less than a year. Renney lasted 3 and a half without having a team quit on him.

And lets not sugarcoat things, I know this team sucks. I know theres a talent problem...we've had that issue for a couple of years now. But at the end of Renney's tenure and right now, we're seeing a different kind of problem...a team thats quitting.

They have totally quit on their coach. I think Renney's issues were similar to Torts': The veterans never stepped up when asked.

I have to admit that i was happy to see them move forward from jagr, but it is so obvious how important he was to the organization and to his coach.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote