Thread: Speculation: Fire Tortorella?
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2010, 12:38 PM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
I know you are kidding, at least I hope you are, but Torts clearly had a major problem with what happened with Carcillo and Gaborik as evidenced by his post game remarks, there isn't much more he can do short of jumping on the ice and kicking his ass himself, he even gave Laviolette a piece of his mind too from the bench

What else do people expect from this guy? By reading some posters comments it seems Torts is expected to win faceoffs, play defense, take the man and hit, pass, shoot, score, go to the net, and fight/protect the players
How about playing Brashear? Its one of the few games he may have proved useful.

Secondly, I believe (pure speculation on my part) that up to the Philly game, Torts had the Rangers scared to death to take any type of penalty that could be considered overly agressive or not smart. Girardi stood there while the our star got mugged.Partly because he choked and partly because the "uh-oh am I gonna get screamed at by my coach if I jump in" factored in his descision making process.

I blame both.

Torts had to speak to the team in the lockerroom to reiterate that those types of penalties are expected and absolutely condoned. Why would Girardi not know this??

We can use that "how is it the coaches fault" when players don't execute on the ice. Ron Low, Bryan Trottier, and Tom Renney all said the same stuff."I can't make them execute the fundamentals of our system on the ice".

Personally I can deal with a team without talent. I can't deal with a team that plays soft and does not go to war for each other.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote