View Single Post
Old
01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I said Penguins though I'm kind of torn, on the one hand I really want the Flyers to beat the Penguins in the playoffs. If we could get there I feel that the best way to go is to go through the best teams- well at least one of them, all of them might be taking it too far. However, on the other hand I'm afraid meeting the Penguins in the first round means another first round exit.
I honestly think a victory over the Pens in the first round means we carry pretty far in the playoffs. Not only because I believe if we beat them we can beat anybody, but I'm sure it would give the team a collective jump start that would make them feel pretty good. I am however hesitant, not only because of what you said with yet another first round effort, but because I would think at this point the Pens are probably in their heads. After getting knocked out by them two years in a row, then getting pretty much manhandled by them this season, I could see why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
Think we have a chance against anybody, all three of those teams scare me though. Have to say putting the Pens down in the first round would be a dream come true, the reaction of their "fans" would be priceless. No matter what happens afterwards they would supply comic relief throughout the entire post and off season. Especially if Pronger finds a way to throw Crosby around a little bit.
Dittoes. Even if we got swept in the second round, while I would still be very disappointed, I would just love the satisfaction of having their fans see how it feels for once.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote