Thread: Speculation: Fire Tortorella?
View Single Post
Old
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I'm with Bluenote. Torts really isn't the problem here. Unfortunately everyone is looking to point a couple fingers, but all roads lead to one place. First, you can blame the flawed construction of the team. That blame sits on Sather. Second, you can blame the players for not trying. You can blame the coach, or the captain, for that. But ultimately, you can blame Sather for hiring the coach and for hiring the captain and putting together that team (tried the coaching change last season too - see a trend here?).

I'm not here to say Torts is a great coach. Honestly, it's tough to tell. What I do know is that this team is flawed in its construction. The pieces do not make sense. There really isn't much here to work with as we've seen some flashes, but those flashes only work if Gaborik and Lundqvist are on fire as everyone seems to follow their play. Perhaps Torts is not the right guy for the job. Perhaps this isn't the right team for him. Perhaps there aren't many others who can do better than Torts either which leads us once again to Sather, which I think we all believe is not going to be dealt with, unfortunately.

I do admit that Torts doesn't seem to be pushing all the right buttons (I mean, you want Drury to score on the PP so he centers Lisin and Anisimov - Drury should've been the left wing with Prospal in the middle and Gaborik on the right to begin the season). But, this team has little margin of error, and a lot of things (Redden - who I believe he's tried to motivate) are just out of his control. It's a ****show to say the least.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote