Thread: Proposal: Phaneuf for Lecavalier
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
What's he making? Without seeing the numbers I think I'd be ok with that.

Langkow seems like (and I don't follow him directly so correct me if I'm wrong) a guy that would need to play with big players to produce his numbers which Tampa has, even if Lecavalier were gone.

It would worry me a bit to not get a top line foward back but you have to give to get and I'm sure we could fill in via another trade or during the offseason from the FA pool.

Calgary downgrades at defense and improves at forward, Tampa downgrades at forward and improves on the defensive end.
Langkow makes 4.5 per... which I think is pretty average for him... the only real weakness to his game is faceoffs... as for him needing to play with big players no, not true... this season he has been with Bourque and Dawes, last season Bourque and Bertuzzi... the year before was Huselius and Nolan... his career highs were set with Iginla and Huselius/Tanguay... but for the most part Langkow has just been an excellent 2nd line center who seems to play well with everyone... but even in Phoenix and Philly he was good for 20g/50pts... he only missed his 20 gals last year because of a broken hand... Langkow is also a warrior... he player through 2 broken hands in the post season last year... in a pinch he can play 1st line minutes but is much better on the 2nd line as he isnt a true #1 centerman