View Single Post
Old
01-29-2010, 12:39 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
what can the Rangers get in a firesale? Redden? Noone wants. Rozsival? Noone wants, except if the Rangers take back something else that's not working and costs $5MM. Higgins? Mid-round pick? Drury? NTC or NMC, and who wants to foot his bill? Prospal can probably fetch something, but of course then this team will have a nice hole to fill and I don't know what they're going to fill it with. There aren't a heck of a lot of options. Unfortunately, if the Rangers want to make a big splash on the young side they need to trade someone young. Someone like Dubi + Girard + a pick may be able to get a centerman who's a good amount better than Dubi, or a top pair defenseman (OK, maybe the pieces I'm putting up there aren't the right one, but that's the idea).

So since a firesale nets little, do you shed some youth for better youth? Do you say that Sangs is needed and is there a market for him? So you bank on Stepan and get rid of Anisimov + for a young winger? I dunno right now, but these are things that need to be considered.
Yeah, I didn't word it right. I am more for a 'spring cleaning'. I don't need a quick fix, just the right path. I understand that we will get nothing for our unwanted parts. They're just better off accepting a few losing seasons while they waive Redden, move Roszival and wait out Drury's contract. Add Brashear's cap hit to the waiting list and hopefull a trade of Kotalik too. I'm content to wait for Grachev, Stepan, Sanguinetti and Krieder among others. Sit on that cap space and wait for a great opportunity like a Savard type signing or a Wideman type trade.

DutchShamrock is online now   Reply With Quote