View Single Post
Old
01-29-2010, 03:33 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1064
Changes on the top two lines (Hartnell switches to the right side)

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...919&feedID=704

Quote:
That appears to be just what Laviolette has done. When the Flyers take on the Islanders Saturday afternoon, the top two lines will change: Richards will center Gagne and Hartnell, and Carter will play with Powe on the left and Briere on the right.

Hartnell, who has spent most of his career on the left wing, will move to the right side on the new line. He said he has some experience playing on the right, and hopes it can create chances for the offense the team badly needs.

“Hopefully we can get me and Gags (Gagne) the spark that we need personally, and get some goals for the team to get some wins,” Hartnell said. “…Actually, I don’t mind playing [right wing]. I like driving the net from the right side on your backhand, and you feel a little stronger doing those kind of plays.”

Laviolette said he hopes switching up the lines will give his team “more jump.” But he emphasized that the change was far from permanent; he just wants to see what the move can achieve.

Both coach and captain reiterated after Friday’s practice that the team’s problem hasn’t been creating opportunities – the Flyers out-chanced Atlanta and Pittsburgh, despite losing to both – but following through on them.

“It’s just trying different things and hoping to get things going,” Richards said. “Sometimes a little change of scenery helps you get back on the right page, and maybe get us some lucky bounces.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote