View Single Post
Old
01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
how about kenny hollands assistant jim nill whose been in the organization for 16 years, 12 as assistant gm? thats a good place to start looking. i do know that he wouldnt send roszival down earlier this year when torts wanted him to. i do know that he cant move reddens contract, gomez is much more of an asset then wade redden is, come on
True, but is Rozsival any less valuable then McCabe was when he was dealt? And if Slats Adds McDonagh, Valentenko, and a pick or prospect for Rozsival, were their deals that bad? He would have essentially bought picks and prospects for nothing but Dolan's money. Front-loading Rozi's contracts has a very similar impact as trading a player and cash, which the CBA no longer allows. In a couple years (I know having Redden that long sounds terrible) Redden's deal does the same thing.

I think it's possible that since 04, the philosophy has changed (except the Antropov deal) and it needs time to work. Perhaps it is, by the organizational ranking rising to #3. Last year I was super excited about Grachev and after this past WJC, Stepan has got me excited. Never since the early 90s have the Rangers been this deep in the organization regarding youth. Then they continually traded it to bring in veterans to win a cup, it took a decade to find out that you can't keep doing that.