View Single Post
Old
01-29-2010, 08:30 PM
trueblue9441

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
True, but is Rozsival any less valuable then McCabe was when he was dealt? And if Slats Adds McDonagh, Valentenko, and a pick or prospect for Rozsival, were their deals that bad? He would have essentially bought picks and prospects for nothing but Dolan's money. Front-loading Rozi's contracts has a very similar impact as trading a player and cash, which the CBA no longer allows. In a couple years (I know having Redden that long sounds terrible) Redden's deal does the same thing.

I think it's possible that since 04, the philosophy has changed (except the Antropov deal) and it needs time to work. Perhaps it is, by the organizational ranking rising to #3. Last year I was super excited about Grachev and after this past WJC, Stepan has got me excited. Never since the early 90s have the Rangers been this deep in the organization regarding youth. Then they continually traded it to bring in veterans to win a cup, it took a decade to find out that you can't keep doing that.
you're exactly right there. i've said that on thta facebook events wall before. the draft will probably be the best time for rozi to be moved just because of front loading the contract. i still think he needs to go, this organization needs new blood. he's had 10 years to do something here and we've won 2 playoff series. its time for him to go