Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Abdelkader assigned to Grand Rapids
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2010, 02:20 AM
Kiddington

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
As far as May and Leino, I don't like either one, but Leino offers more now and in the future, so I keep him before May, who would pass through waivers anyway. Easy choice. May does virtually nothing and wouldn't sniff the playoffs anyway. Leino, for all his faults, actually looked competent on the powerplay, which has some value. And he has upside. Brad May has pending retirement.
The amount of cap space needed for Franzen's return is more than what relief from May's contract offers.

Either one of Leino or Meech will have to go, along with May. Since Babcock isn't even batting an eye when it comes to giving Leino a seat up in the press box, my guess is that he goes first. Upside or not, he's been all kinds of bad this season. If he can't stay in the lineup with guys injured, there's almost no way in hell he'd find himself back in when guys come back.

The decision making process on who to get rid of really isn't as difficult as some might make it seem. Leino is useless on this team. He'd been given ample opportunity to succeed early on, and did nothing with it. He might (and I highly stress might) have potential, but it's not going to come to pass on this team. He's gone when Franzen returns; I think we could almost certainly guarantee it, even at this point.

Last edited by Kiddington: 01-30-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote