View Single Post
Old
01-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
WOF - If hornqvist scores 2 goals every 5 games, he would finish the year with around 32 goals a year, every year. He is playing amazing. He had a great game last night. He rang one off the post for crying out loud. He has been, bar none, or best forward for awhile now....The problem is the rest of our top line is ice cold - Dumont/Sullivan/Arnott.......they are so ineffective right now.

I think Poile should move Hamhuis regardless. IT would be a mistake to let him walk, and the pairing of him and klein is failing miserably. It was like the Zidlicky/Suter pairing. Separate, they played well.....together, they were awful. Trade Hamhuis. Trade for a 4/5 vet. You are a bit weaker in terms of talent, but you are probably better as a team. It is wierd to say that, but it is true.

I am not really sure what to do. You look at the moves that Poile has tried, and of course failed, to do the past few years - and it is a crying shame. If we had acquired Kessel, Upshall, Poni......any of those three, we would have the secondary scoring that we dreadfully need. Those are just three examples within the past year where Poile failed to pull the trigger, the team continues to suffer from the same problems, and it will continue to be this way until Poile makes a bold move. The problem, again, is that we have seen Poile's bold moves. They often involve rentals, and they are often major mistakes.

Lets see what happens. This is a good team. We need a hot goalie, or we are going nowhere. I think it is time to pick one and ride him out. Trade the other.