View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 03:04 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenabnrmal
I don't believe he's near as flawed as many think, although I didn't see much of him in New Jersey. When he was dealt from the Ducks, he was the team's number 1 or 2 guy. He'd improved his defensive game, and while wasn't lighting the world on fire offensively, he could definitely move the puck, pass it nicely, and was a good power play guy. His speed and mobility made up for some lapses in judgement. Its entirely beyond me why the Devils traded for him in the first place. With Niedermayer and Rafalski in front of him as offensively able d-men, it baffled me. I don't know what issues may have popped up in New Jersey...Devils fans might come on here and tear the guy apart for his season there, I don't know. I DO know, however, that he was really coming around as a solid d-man. A guy that you could play 20+ minutes a game without fear, and who could produce offensively. Theres no way this guy isn't an NHL d-man, and I really hope he finds his way back. It'd be a shame, because he is indeed a real talent.
If Chelios and Lidstrom retire this year, Tverdovsky would be a great fix in Detroit.