View Single Post
Old
01-30-2010, 01:14 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Phaneuf yes ! Kovie NO WAY . How many players has he made better around him ? How much leadership has he shown in Atlanta ? He would not fit here because our team is TOO SOFT to protect him I think we should wait for a guy like Getzlaf to come up and then go after that type of leader . Personally by the time our team is rebuilt or reloaded the stars we have now will be old so in saying that...other than Hank we should not keep anybody other then DelZotto and Staal IMO because I think with the right coaching and maturity he Staal could be a top 3 blueliner if they let him play HIS game and DZ has unlimited upside .
Well he's the captain of the Thrashers and he's revived Afinogenov, turned Rich Peverley into a household name in the NHL and helped Brian Little put up close to 40 goals last year. I'd say he makes plenty of the players around him better, considering how bad the Thrashers roster is; they may not really be in the race right now but they've performed probably better than they were expected to.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote