View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 03:14 PM
KnuklZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Ah, I see your point now. And I agree. But to be honest, Julien does strike me as that type of motivator. The type that gets players very well prepared, communicates well, etcetera. I'm fine with him as coach and was happy to see him hired as I've seen the good work he's done in Hull (QMJHL) up close.

My point in this thread is simply not to expect too much from the current Habs team. Mostly because the players are not versatile for a sound system being implemented. I'm hoping I don't see too many "fire Julien!" posts when the going gets rough...

I will be interested in seeing how this team does under Julien's guidance when the Hossas, Higgins, Komisareks, Hainseys and Markovs are done growing, and the old, one dimensional, sad group this current bunch consists of are all gone.
I fear that CJ won't be around when those players reach that level. And the new coach that ends up coaching those players will reap the credit for being a great coach. Timing is everything. To me its important to see young players develop in a system and have the team improve throughout the season. MTL being a much worse team in the 2nd half last year was an indicator that they were low on motivation playing with no system :mad: