View Single Post
Old
01-30-2010, 09:17 PM
pga5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
Personally, If I were to guess, I would say that the League doesnt like the Capitals attitude. Green is crushed in the numbers by Koci and that passes by with a fine. They didnt like Green's attitude on that play. Here this is as much about attitude as the actual play when you reference Gonchar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccoman View Post
ALOT of Caps hate on the main boards these days, guess i dont read over there enough to notice it most times... arrogant posters dont help that much, nor does the Caps hanging 5+ on folks fave teams nightly.
These posts were spot on.

There's a lot of Caps hate going on, and the league's Old Guard definitely doesn't like their attitude. We probably didn't see it as much last season because the Capitals let up on occasion in games. This team is not easing off in the third period as of late. Putting up that five spot...having your captain say he wants the fans to have free wings every home game...the coach writing a book before his team has won anything significant at the NHL level...the team owner writing a blog about whatever suits him...doesn't exactly earn points with the Old Guard. Meanwhile, our arrogant posters start spouting off nonsense doesn't exactly help an image problem. I wouldn't put the Caps up there with the Gretzky Oilers at the moment.

The days where the Capitals weren't getting enough publicity are over. It will be interesting to see how well the team...and its fans...handle it.

pga5 is offline   Reply With Quote