View Single Post
Old
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Interesting, I wonder how he manages to save face with his poor results. Also, his business model makes no sense with the speed and resources of Twitter.
He gets great traffic for a hockey site. Enough to make a comfortable living for himself off of if he monetizes the advertising halfway intelligently. That said, I don't think he does from the look of the ads running there. So his business model is fine, although poorly leveraged by him. Twitter's an excellent gateway drug. He posts there, which is an instant conduit to 100s of thousands of people who click through to his site to read more.

His argument has always been if a real source tells him, he posts. Honestly, it's plausible. I wouldn't doubt that 95% of trades batted around never happen. It's inevitable that he makes lots of wrong calls. The real test is when there is a situation like this. He knew enough to know something was coming today. He called that. But he didn't have the sources to nail down who in Calgary. He did have the sources to get the who in Anaheim though.