View Single Post
Old
01-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I really think this is a good deal for CGY.

They desperately need secondary scoring and they got a 25 goal guy in Hagman, a 50-60 point guy in Stajan, and a really underrated player in Ian White, 40 point pace playing 23 mins per night and is pretty good defensively.

Phaneuf had seriously regressed, Sjostrom is a throw-in, and Aulie is a bottom pairing prospect I believe.
Except for the comment about Aulie (who I never heard of prior to today) I agree. I don't understand how all the people on the main boards think this is a "steal" for Toronto. Then again it is the main boards.

I think both teams made out well today. Toronto made a much riskier move then Calgary did though. That Phaneuf contract has potential to be disastrous.

The other Toronto deal I can't really get a handle on. It's trash for trash. I think all three players could potentially do better in a new setting (like in the Latendresse/Pouliot trade) so I guess it was a good trade. Good day for the Flyers though. Only crappy part about these trade, in relation to how it affects the Flyers, is that Phaneuf is in the East. That only worries me because of the kind of hits he delivers.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote