View Single Post
Old
01-13-2005, 08:45 AM
JCD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Why don't we look at it another way. The Eagles have generated more pressure this year with less blitzing than last year with a more aggresive and blitz heavy approach. Perhaps Lito and Sheldon get more help because the front four provide more pressure than they did the last few years and they CAN get more help, instead of your position that they get more help because they need it. I think Lito is fine as our number one, but if you feel he's better suited to being a #2 corner that's fine. I think your statement that Sheldon is a nickle back at best was pretty harsh. He's done just as good a job as Sheppard has this year. You can think that the reason they've performed so well is because of Dawkins and Lewis, but until they get burned, which they haven't all year, I'll still have the opinion that they are better DB's than you give them credit for.
I take back my Nickelback statment. Brown is a decent CB, just with a limited ceiling.

Take last year off the table. Eagles didn't have a pass rush and didn't have healthy starting CBs. Compare to the years before when Taylor and Vincent were still good and Douglas was getting 10+ sacks on the average. JJ blitzed FAR more then than he did this year. And was getting better results. This year's 47 sacks are better than last year, but still down notably from the Taylor-Vincent-Douglas era.

CBs have been burned more than you guys are letting on. Eagles gave up a number of 100-yard receivers, or had WRs have their way with them.