View Single Post
Old
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Lecavalier will be turning 30 and has a cap hit of $7.7M+ until he is 40 (unless he retires before then).

I would love to have a player of Lecavalier's caliber to give the Kings a strong 1-2-3 punch down the midddle. Unfortunately, Stoll would have to go (I love his hustle, work ethic and shot). Kopitar, Lecavalier and Handzus would give the Kings plenty of size at center. Once Handzus moves on after next season, Schenn can ease in as the third line center who can learn under Lecavalier.

However, Lecavalier is also known to sulk, has had problems with coaches, has demanded a trade, but he was convinced otherwise and worked through his differences with Tortorella (who is a known hot head himself).

If the Kings were able to acquire Lecavalier without giving up a Simmonds or Johnson or a top prospect, then I am in favor of the move. The Kings haven't had two top line centers since they had Gretzky and Nicholls.

And even if they do acquire a center, the Kings still have to go after another top six winger, preferably Ray Whitney.
I can't see Lecavalier playing until he's 40. 35-36 sure, after that I think he'll hang them up. Having said that, he's still the more attractive option when Kovalchuk is likely to head to Russia if he doesn't get a massive contract and Marleau is either going to re-sign in SJ at a discount or get a similar overpayment on the open market. Lecavalier is rumored to have had a problem with Tortorella, and by all accounts that's easy to do when you play for that *******. I'm sure most of us would have requested a trade playing under that loud mouth. As far as sulking goes, he had a lot of responsibility put on his shoulders at a very young age.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote