View Single Post
Old
01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I really don't think we have to give up as much as it's rumored.

TB has to realize that Vinny will only be a 2nd line centerman as long as Stamkos is there. And therefore, Vinny isn't going to produce the way he did prior to Stamkos arrival.

I'm thinking something along the line of Stoll, and Purcell should get it done.

Next year could look something like this:

Smyth-Kopi-Williams
Schenn or Richie-Vinny-Brown
Richie or Schenn-Zeus-Simmonds
Well... It won't cost us the same as Kovalchuk, but is will cost us a lot more than that. As I said, Vinny has Kopitar numbers, regardless of the extra million, he is a very good center who has hit the 100 point and 50 goal marks. He is a franchise player and will cost some assets to acquire. His contract gives you a discount, but they won't move him if you are going to only offer a second line center and a prospect with diminished value.

Let's not fool ourselves. Lecavalier >>> Stoll.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote