View Single Post
Old
01-13-2005, 02:03 PM
NeutralityEleven

vCash: 833
Send a message via AIM to NeutralityEleven
Interesting you bring up overshadowed balddog66, there are a few teams that are having amazing seasons as well. I, for one, am surprised to see how Owen Sound is doing this year. Mike Futa has done a great job with assembling his roster, and thats been made especially clear with his most recent trades. Lets take a quick look at how the roster came together.

First off, the Big Snake signing brought in a legitimate tough guy, but what has surprised me the most is his offensive production. He has contributed very well this season. Then Futa sees the need for a defensive defenseman and goes out and plucks Paul Bissonnette from Saginaw's fire sale. Well then Futa goes out and picks up Mike Brown in a three way deal that saw goalie Dan LaCosta head to Barrie. Brown, since then, has an impressive 8-1-0 record since joining the Platers, err Attack. By then you'd think that Futa and head coach Mike Stothers are done tinkering but the deadline approaches and more moves are made. Center Chris Rebernik is acquired from Toronto and then with that pickup they can now expend Kevin Baker to go out and get U-17 gold medalist d-man Kyle Lamb. Owen Sound now has a legitimate chance at taking down the Knights.

So theres a great tangent on the moves Owen Sound made but back on topic now, among teams from the O that could slip in the top 10, I would have to put Peterborough ahead of Kitchener. They have flown under the radar in the East and have a solid roster. They currently have 4 players with 40 points and have what I think is the biggest turnaround year for a defenseman in Trevor Hendrikx. Known the past two years for mainly dropping the gloves, Trevor is about to surpass his point totals from last season and has really stepped up to be one of the leaders for the Petes.

I do agree that Kitchener could be in the top 10 by seasons end, especially with the revamped roster.