View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
While I know he is brutal in several aspects of the game, and clearly doesn't deserve to be a 2nd line center with the poor effort he gives, I just can't see him centering the last two lines. The only thing he's great at doing is scoring (and winning faceoffs)... so I don't see the point of giving him grinder linemates. It's going to get even worse, IMO.

He should be given two defensively responsible guys who can contribute decently to the offense to help him out with his numerous mistakes. But no way is he going to get dropped as a 4th liner, unless he can't produce when centering the 2nd line... it just doesn't make sense to make a guy earning 2 millions a year for scoring goals play a grinder role, which he is obviously not.

What about a 3rd line of Juneau-Perreault-Sundstrom ?
For the beginning of the season we will need Juneau as a center but when Koivu and Kilger returns..
Juneau is responsible defensively and shows offensive sparks sometimes.. (2 years ago) while Sundstrom is an OK two way player .. Playing 15-16 minutes per game, with some PP time for Perreault, I t hink it could work, IMO ... what do you guys think about it?