View Single Post
Old
02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
ScottFC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Burke can be as good a GM as he wants, bottom line, he has much of his cap spent on defense and in goal...and it's not like he has a pile of cheap productive forwards on the roster either. He won't be going after any big UFA's this summer...best case he signs a couple reclamation projects at 1-2 mil to try and fill the top 6. Toronto won't be a playoff team next year either, in fact they may be worse than this year with an upgrade on GA but virtually no offense to speak of other than Kessel up front.
You're definitaly right except that I'd also add Nazim Kadri as a potential 20 - 30 goal scorer for Toronto next season but this might be a biased opinion because i'm really high on the kid and hoped the Habs could have drafted him.

I was just trying to use a recent example that post Salarie cap era GM's have to work alot harder at getting talented players at a rebate, this is a big problem in Montreal because it seems like every player has to be overpaid to come here but Bob needs to start working on trying to fit more skilled players under the cap. Anywayz as much as it frustrates me the way Bob Gainey does business sometimes - In Bob I Trust

ScottFC is online now   Reply With Quote