View Single Post
Old
02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
levski87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
i'm saying it doesn't make sense for Calgary. They get Higgins for the rest of the season, then he's UFA. And he really hasn't been wowing anyone this season, why would Calgary WANT that? They have tweener guys.

I could see them having some interest in Kotalik (he was awesome last year for Edmonton), but i'm sure they have seen him play this year. And it is a bad contract.

So to look at it from Calgary's point of view, they get Higgins as a rental (wooooo!!!!) and Kotalik for another 2 years... for Jokinen... someone who would actually be valuable in a playoff run. Besides, they could easily get more for him, IMO

SBOB words it better here. Which is why I think Callahan would be part of it. Callahan is on a different level in terms of value, compared to Prust, Higgins and Kotalik
Callahan will not be traded for a rental. Jokinen is not producing in Calgary and apparently he wasn't planning on resigning.

Kotalik has been a 20g scorer for the better part of his career. He can also play the PP.