Old
01-13-2005, 09:44 PM
TMHUNH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
But Pietrasiak let in all 8 goals!
Yeah...well, all 9 actually.

But he did make 31 saves, at least half of which I would say were "good" or "tough" saves. Now clearly, a goalie is called upon to make such saves, but I did think he played well in this game if you can believe it.

I would say he made just as many good saves as he did in either Providence game this past weekend, which was his breakout series to emerge as UNH's clear starter (wonder if this game changes that )

Let's just put it this way. If any of Dartmouth's 3 goalies were tending UNH's net the way that they played last night, the score would have been 20-8 Dartmouth. The defense was that bad.

My tape ran out before the last 2 goals. But up until when it was 8-7, I thought Jeff had played a good game, he bailed out the defense a lot more times than Dartmouth's goalies did for theirs.

I think my judgement is based more on the saves he did make, rather than the ones he didn't, most of which were saveable, but he was hung out to dry all night.

I think anyone that saw the game would agree that he didn't play poorly, despite the 9 goals, whereas outsiders are wide eyed as to why he wasn't pulled.