View Single Post
Old
02-01-2010, 04:25 PM
GNick42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Well, keeping in mind the revolving door we've had here at the position over the last decade, and thus the cupboard being bare, I thought he did well. He restocked our prospect pool, which has been vastly underrated, and locked up the core long term. He brought in Vokoun, cleaned up the Luongo trade fairly well, and got rid of the guys who took way too many penalties every game.

The knock on him is that he didn't move Bouwmeester when he knew Bouw wasn't going to resign. We found out last summer after JM left that Bouw's agent gave JM a list 2 years prior of teams he'd like to be traded to. Martin never moved him. Even still, since our former majority owner Cohen has stuck in his nose in the past, it's hard to know whether Cohen forced JM to keep Bouw, or if that was JM's decision.

All in all, he left the team far better than how he found it, so I'm thankful for that. I like him, he's a coach, not a GM, I can't fault him leaving to coach a team he's dreamed of coaching. I actually can't stand the Habs, , but you have to marvel at their history.
Hey, good having sensible hockey conversation on here for a change. It is kind of rarity for this board. Anyway, I asked you because I am thinking if Habs slide into tank Gainey could be done. No real replacement in our system. If Martin can do decent job in Florida he may be able to do even better here.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote