View Single Post
Old
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Please do not be a homer.. No way Flyers win 5 ,Komie and Parent or Komie and Coburn or even Carle.. You put Parent, Coburn or Carle ahead? Are you nuts? Parent can not even get out of the hospital, Coburn can not get his **** together playing with Timonen. What did they do to deserve anything, really? Komie was top hitter and shot blocker in the league for at least 3-4 years. How can you take that away from him? Between him and Volchnekov who else was that good? Schenn is what? 20 years old? 19? You think Parent is better then Shceen?

Carle.. Mr.I do not kill penalties or play physical game and turn the puck over. Between him a Bouche.. debatable. Depends on your needs. Bouch was excellent in that cup run. Stepped in when Pronger was suspended did everything right. Can Carle do that? Did he ever? Will he?

Of course some of the leafs UFA signing may not work out in 1st year. That’s why you can not objectively judge them in 1st year.

I am not going to bash Flyers players but you are being very unreasonable. After 1st where most fans will take Pronger over Phaneuf (rightfully so) and Timonen over Kaberle might be very well a wash I will give an edge to Toronto with the rest especially with Giggy in the net.
Firstly, please don't insult me by calling me a homer just because my views and philosophies on certain things differ from yours. I don't appreciate it when it's fans from other boards. I don't appreciate it when it's NWO. And I don't appreciate it now. I do a lot of work with hockey and always try to give my honest opinion on the situation regardless of how it makes specific players look. I don't leave out details or try to cheat anyone out of anything, so please, don't do it.

Honestly, I based all of this on my thoughts about the players in the current season. History played no roll in this really. I don't think that Komisarek has been playing that well. I think he was generally overrated to begin with. Besides that, as I mentioned before, my philosophy is that a defensive defenseman's duties are fairly black and white. There's no room to guess about how much offensive talents weigh against defensive responsibilities, or any of that nonsense. Black and white, I feel Parent has done a much more consistent job this season when healthy than Komisarek has when healthy.

I also don't know where all of this hatred for Emery is coming from. He's been a little sloppy with the puck since returning from injury. That's to be expected. Give him a little time. Once he is more comfortable, I think he will start fighting it off less.

While I admit that I do believe most starting goaltenders are pretty much interchangeable between teams, Giggy has not had all that great of a season even while backing up Hiller who has been decent at the very least.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote