View Single Post
Old
02-02-2010, 04:25 AM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambergius View Post
Jokinen isn't a passing playmaker, which does make him a sort of one dimensional as a center. He does create room and opportunities for his linemates with is speed and size. He isn't selfish player either, he does play for the team and his effort level is pretty good, but he is a puck-hog and has a tendency to try to do it all himself.

He sort of needs a line where he can be the main guy, even though he isn't quite elite and thus has trouble handling quality opposition on regular basis. He works well with fast forechecking wingers that can make turnovers happen. I could easily see an affordable and pretty efficient second line being build around him.

It's hard to imagine that Jokinen would continue his severe scoring slump. Even in Calgary he was getting chances, but they just weren't going in at nearly same level as on previous seasons, without any apparent reason that I could see (watched about 15 Flames game this season). He isn't slower or weaker, if anything he has slowly turned into pretty rounded player. Players rarely lose their shot when they get older, so I'd think it reasonable to hope that Jokinen can get back to over 10% shot percentage as a Ranger.
Dubinsky-Jokinen-Callahan it is.

with Prospal/Crusher-Prospal/Crusher-Gaborik as the first line.

2 scoring lines. Watch Gabby explode when the defense has to watch two lines. This team is going to be fun to watch for awhile.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote