View Single Post
Old
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
This is a STEAL of a deal for Sather and the Rangers... Gotta give credit to Sather.. He is a real good wheeler/dealer.. I honestly can't remember a bad trade Sather has made as the Ranger GM... I am sure everyone on HF will posts some of his bad trades as a reminder... LOL...

However, Sather is a real good GM when is comes to trades and etc.. However, signing UFA's to big contracts??? Well.. His track record is ok at best....

The Rangers now could be in GREAT cap position to go out and sign the "BIG FISH" Ilya Kovalchuk on 07/01/2010.....

I cannot believe Sather schmoozed Gainey last year in taking on the Gomez Contract and I cannot believe Sather schmoozed the Sutter's in taking Kotalik's contract..... Unbelievable work by Sather...

This trade alone.. The Rangers got the much better player in Jokinen while gaining big time cap relief next year to go after Kovalchuk...... I see no benefit why Calgary would make this trade unless they think Kotalik is the next Mike Bossy..... Sather deserves a some cuban cigars for this deal...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote