View Single Post
Old
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I mean, we played FLA a ton when OJ was there. Can anyone remember one shift where OJ took charge of a game? It have never happened. He just isn't that good. He is miles behind like a Mats Sundin.
Thankfully the Rangers aren't locked into paying him a big contract for anything longer than the rest of the season.

I don't think anyone is hoping for (or at least should be hoping for) Florida in his prime Olli Jokinen. We're going to get mediocre, underachieving Jokinen, who will probably help a little bit (as sad as that is) and then be gone in free agency. But the Rangers got rid of a bad contract in the meantime, so alright.

I do think you're a little hard on Jokinen in his Florida years, though. Yeah he wasn't a superstar or someone who could carry the team, but those were some terrible terrible teams as well. He was a good player who was thrust into the role of needing to carry the team (along with Luongo) when that's not what he's capable of doing. That doesn't make him a bad overall player, or someone you can't win with period. Just that he's not someone you can rely on to drag the team into the playoffs and win all by himself.

But that's irrelevant at this point because like I said, we're not getting Florida era Jokinen, we're getting mediocre Calgary era Jokinen. As a rental.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote