View Single Post
Old
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Talbetts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
My sister was a Leafs fanatic in the same way I'm a Flyers fanatic. We don't even talk hockey any more because she has stopped watching. She has no idea who the players are and pretty much stopped watching when Gilmour and Cujo left. Another friend only watches to see the Laffs lose (he's rarely disappointed) and 2 others were emailing me like mad yesterday but it was just because they got caught up in the hype.

I don't think the interest is there like it was when we were kids in the 70s. I know they sell out and they have ridiculously expensive seats but there is a lot of indifference here now. Part of it is cultural because a lot of immigrants didn't grow up with hockey, but most of it is due to one crappy season after another. We ***** about the Flyers but at least they've been in the playoffs and have gotten to the conference finals.

That is really a shame. It's Canada!!! It's what I love about Canada (Toronto specifically). Every time I have gone up there in the past, I would get into random conversations with strangers about hockey. It's the reason why I love it up there!

What do they pay attention to now? Curling? CFL? Mike Weir? I hope not Basketball...

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote