View Single Post
Old
02-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Dan85

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Win. Lose. Draw...I love the Razor.

Congrats on the shutout Ray, keep it real.
Are you kidding me? He made 18 saves, i counted 3 times where he let out a rebound and couldn't locate the puck after, the defenseman had to find it and only then did Emery realize where it was. Did he make some key saves? Yes, fine. But nothing that Leighton or Boucher wouldn't have saved, he was barely tested. Congrats on the shut out, yes, but i still wasn't overly impressed.

My take:

He lets out bad rebounds, he can't locate the puck after he lets out the AWFUL rebounds right in the slot and then has trouble covering the puck, and EVERY time he plays the puck i have to close my eyes because of how close he comes to turning the puck over the majority of the time.

I think you could put Leighton back in nets and his numbers would be just as good as Emery's, and the Flyers record would be the same.

And why on earth would anyone want to resign Ray Emery when there are so many better goalies that will be available to sign/trade for in the summer? What bothers me about the goalie situation, is that chances are the Flyers will go the rest of the year with Emery and only realize he's not that great after the Flyers get killed in the playoffs again (probably by the damn Pens again too), and we'll have wasted another opportunity to make a run for the cup.

Dan85 is offline   Reply With Quote