Old
02-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Well then the requirements are just dumb. I bet if you went around the Wach, most fans probably wouldn't know who he was which is criminal for a top-5 guy in franchise history.

I dunno, I'm sure MSE will chip in immensely, but it's a damn shame that his career has seemingly been swept under the rug.

He played LW in the WHA before making the switch to D and still become an elite 2-way D. Also didn't make it to the NHL because of the WHA until he was 24-25 years old.

If you switch 4 WHA seasons to NHL ones and hypothesize that he averages around 50 points per season which is very reasonable IMO, he ends up with 950 points which would put him 10th in the NHL in scoring for a d-man (just ahead of Chelios) behind Bourque, Coffey, MacInnis, Housley, Murphy, Potvin, Lidstrom, Leetch, and Robinson.

And it's not like he was solely an offensive D, he was a great 2-way guy, he's 6th all-time among d-men in +/- and again, if you want to throw hypothetical WHA years into it, he's easily into the top-5 and in Dennis Potvin territory.

I guess this is just an issue I feel really strongly about, but he really is one of the most underrated players in NHL history.

It's an absolute travesty that he isn't in the Hall,
If your going to average in seasons outside the NHL for him, wouldnt you have to do it for a lot of other players? I dont know how much that would effect things but you cant just thow what ifs in for him and not others.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote