What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Devils this Season?...........
View Single Post
09-24-2003, 06:17 PM
1) Martin Brodeur will
beat Bernie Parent's current record of wins in a season by 2 or 3.
2) Patrik Elias will net himself around 65 points or be on pace for this if he plays full season without serious injury and isn't dealt from the team.
3) Jay Pandolfo will step up his production from 6 goals, 11 assists, 17 points last season to 18 goals, 22 assists, 40 points this year with a renewed interest in shooting the puck more often and alleviating some of the pressure from linemate John Madden. Twice the scoring threat on the checking line making it even more formidable then before.
4) Devils PP will find itself in the middle of the NHL pack this season with much better results from Niedermayer, Larionov, Friesen, Langenbrunner, Elias, Gomez, Suglobov etc... Can't be any worse then last season. LOL
5) Martin Brodeur will score at least one empty net goal this season if not two and he'll jokingly rib Sean Brown about having more points then him at some point in the season.
6) Colin White will step up and take a more authoritative leadership role both on and off the ice realizing this could be Scott Stevens' final swansong while a bunch of promising rookies look poised to contribute with proper guidance and encouragement and the team needing key members to pick up the slack with Nieuwendyk, McKenzie, Danekyo, and Albelin possibly all exiting stage right.
7) Igor Larionov will match the same exact totals Joe Nieuwendyk had for us last season (17g, 28 assists, 45 points) and will help bring immediate respectability to our dreaded PP. Curious to see him play with fellow russian teammates Brylin and Suglobov.
8) Michael Rupp will prove me wrong in demonstrating he's a most worthy candidate for top one or two line duty despite having so little NHL experience to date.
9) Rasmussen will be a MUCH better goal scorer then what he's been not giving himself credit for in the papers lately.
10) Patrick Roy will come back to the NHL Dominek Hasek style following this season (providing a lockout will be averted of course) when he watches Brodeur ripping it up out there on the dish at home along with his former Avs teammates having a blast doing what they love to do best in life.
11) Suglobov or Hale for rookie of the year?????
12) Ray Giroux will have a superb 2nd season with the Devils.