View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Phil Kessel wasn't traded for a 5th round draft pick and two tickets to the ACC.
That trade could potentially turn out to be one of the worst in the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, Kessel is a great young player, but you don't build your team around a guy that is a one dimensional winger. I'm in now way comparing these two players, but we all see now and have seen over the last couple years how hard it is, to find a number one center for Iginla, when you have spent most of your salary on dmen.
D-nce and goaltending win championships. He did not spent anything, he invested! There is a difference.
Kabs has value, Komisarek has value, Beauchemin has value. The only player on Leafs team that does not have any value is Finger.
When I said he did not trade 1st round picks or top prospect, obviously I was talking about last two trades for J. Giguere and Phaneuf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
That being said, I like Burke, I like the way he structures his teams but I think, if you would've given him a bit more time, he could have done a much better job. He's forced to build a team that can compete for a playoff spot now, and that could hurt the Maple Leafs' chance at being a Stanley Cup contender in 4-5 years.
premature statement. Burke did not hurt Leafs yet. If anything Giggy could be the diffeence maker. You know..

He got rid of Toskala and Blake and thinking about moving Finger. He added Kessel, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Phaneuf, top 5 enforcer Orr, J. Giguere, good PK Sjostrom. This is quality, not quantity. He is creating a very tough fast skating physical team with better goaltending. Giggy used to be good, very good. He is overpaying and not all of his moves are perfect but he is creating a much better team.

He will make a few moves around trade dead lines for Poni, trys to dump Exelby. Who knows what he will do.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote