View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 08:39 AM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Kabs has value, Komisarek has value, Beauchemin has value. The only player on Leafs team that does not have any value is Finger.
I don't think that a lot of teams would want Komisarek atm, considering what he makes and how his games has "developped".

Quote:
When I said he did not trade 1st round picks or top prospect, obviously I was talking about last two trades for J. Giguere and Phaneuf.
Well, it's kind of hard to trade something away that you don't have.

Quote:
premature statement. Burke did not hurt Leafs yet. If anything Giggy could be the diffeence maker. You know..
If you mean "making worses" by hurting, then yes.
But in the long run, I think they would be better of with one top3 pick this year and probably one top10 pick next year then having Phill Kessel as your guy to build around on right wing.

Quote:
He got rid of Toskala and Blake and thinking about moving Finger. He added Kessel, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Phaneuf, top 5 enforcer Orr, J. Giguere, good PK Sjostrom. This is quality, not quantity. He is creating a very tough fast skating physical team with better goaltending. Giggy used to be good, very good. He is overpaying and not all of his moves are perfect but he is creating a much better team.

He will make a few moves around trade dead lines for Poni, trys to dump Exelby. Who knows what he will do.
Poni gets you a 2rd pick and maybe a 3rd.
Exebly will get him exactly 2pucks and a donut. Speaking of Exelby, he traded Kubina for him. Kubina could be so much more valuable right now as teams trying to get top4 dmen. He could easily get him a late 1st round pick. I think a lot of moves he made last year were made to make a statement and not because they really made sense. By getting rid of Kubina, he hasn't done anything for his club, he didn't open a roster spot for a young guy, there was no need for it. I think the Phaneuf deal was good, as was the Giguere trade. But the Kessel deal sucked and it will cost them a lot of talent going forward.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote