What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Avs this Season?.........
View Single Post
09-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Denver, CO
I believe Lappy made one of these a while back but I think it got deleted....
1. Avalanche will have their best start since the 2001 campaign.
2. The first two lines will play a ton of minutes to start the year.
3. A major star on the first two lines will suffer a 20 game injury.
4. Svatos will fill in on the top two lines and become a "find" ala Vrbata and will give people reason for Calder consideration but will not have enough games.
5. Skoula will have a "breakout year" on the back of a heavy puck possession lines in front of him. His play will be mediocre but +/- will make people believe in his ability to play in a top 4 role.
6. Morris is the Avalanche highest scoring defenseman.
7. Abby has no problems in the regular season and is among the top 5 goaltenders in the league.
8. Worrell toward the middle of the season gives Granato and Co. reason to play the lower lines more ala power play and 4v4 time he and Hinote draw. Worrell/Hinote become the energy, checking line the Avalanche have missed for years now.
9. Avalanche win the division title but lose in the WCF to St. Louis, if Dallas they win
10. Pierre finds a way to retain the services of Kariya by the June deadline. Either Selanne or Forsberg take a haiatus/retirement.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by DarioinDenver