View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
He has been noticeably slower for the past year or so. In the Isles uptempo system, that's a big problem. That lost step also somewhat hurts his ability to be a shutdown guy. He may still have value to a team with a tighter checking system (Devils?) that needs a veteran hitter. He's one of the toughest guys you'll ever see. It is true--he was hit by an SUV outside Starbucks. He got up, waved off the ambulance, told everyone "it's ok I'm a hockey player", went in and got his latte, and played that night.
That is awesome. Two Chuck Norris points to Witt.
Alas I think Witt is Sean Hill of two seasons ago. If he wants to play i the NHL again I think he is going to either waive the balance of his contract(or get bought out) and sign with a team for league minimum.

PS- Read the TSN.ca news archive on the story. Guess I should change that to Clint Eastwood points.
Quote:
New York Islanders defenceman Brendan Witt was hit by a car in Philadelphia on Tuesday, according to Newsday. But Witt reportedly picked himself up off the road and, after a few profanities, assured everyone he was all right before continuing on his way, prompting one witness to say, "it was like seeing Clint Eastwood, but in hockey."

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote