View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
The discipline is better, but Hartnell needs to get his head out of his ass. There's a difference between playing on the edge/being tough/being chippy and selfish penalties. Hartnell's calls are the very definition of selfish penalties...not being disciplined and putting yourself in front of the team. Tons of people have mentioned it already, but that crosscheck the other day is a classic Hartnell penalty, and there's no room for it.

As for the comment that I bolded, it's not that you have to be soft or Hartnell. I don't want to get pushed around, but I sure as **** don't want to see either of those teams get Power Plays against us....You can be just as effective playing "on the edge" and physically, just use your head and find that limit. As BCF pointed out, it's Hartnell's 8th year in the league and he still hasn't done that.
Look, we all know he is a bit of a loose cannon and a bonehead sometimes...That is part of his charm That is his game....and I gurantee you it is probably a lot of what makes him effective. I bet you if you take that agressiveness away from him, he isnt as effective.

I dont know which crosscheck you are specifically referring to, but I certainly cant think of a time that a stupid play by Hartnell was the deciding factor in us loosing a game. I am sure it has happened at some point, but the ENTIRE TEAM was an undisciplined mess under the previous coach. He played 2 1/2 years where anything was allowed.....The rest of the season under Lavi, I bet you he is a little more under control next year.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote