View Single Post
Old
02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
clmetsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Can't believe people are still getting on Staal. Imo he has has been solid for most this season. Earlier on he was turning over the puck a lot, but that's because Tortorella was pressuring him play way over his head. He expected him to go from contributing no offense to pinching in on every freaking play. Now that he has settled down he has been very consistent. I thought he was great again last night and I see glimpses of him taking the next step soon.

The last time he was worse then a -1 in a game was Nov. 30! On this team that kind of feat is amazing considering his age and how many minutes he plays. And he has more freaking points than Jay Bouwmeester who has gotten #1 PP minutes for most of the season.

He's making $800,000 this season and has outplayed both Redden and Rozsival who make a combined $12 million. Some of you need to get some perspective. I think he's been one of the few positives on the team this season
Spot-on, ThirdEye. Staal has found a very nice balance of increased offensive output to go along with his consistently stellar play in his own end. He has one fewer point than the $6.5 million defenseman that so many people here were drooling after, for crying out loud. More points will come, and I see him settling in at around a 40-50 point average in his prime years. For a guy as good defensively as he is, that's a very nice number.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote